Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 08:51 PM

Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by dlgladwin @ Today at 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: FingerprinceMind you. Albeit a few years later, check out the bloke in the middle at 2:10 mark. He clearly enjoys Hades. Goes proper naughty at 5:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3xf87CbIQ&t=2m8s Ah, provincial Englan
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by Moonglum @ Today at 02:59 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by Fingerprince @ Today at 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzySee both. I really wanted to like Inside Llewyn Davis more than I did... but didn't. Vanilla Sky's rubbished by most folk but I think it's alright! Good soundtrack, too. One of Macca's finest songs too.
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by dlgladwin @ Today at 02:28 PM

Local second hand shop at lunch:
Jump to new posts Re: Alvin Stardust, 1942-2014 by dlgladwin @ Today at 11:59 AM

Just posted on Facebook by Notts wit Al Needham: As Nik Cohn said: "Elvis became God. Tommy Steele Made it to the London Palladium. And Alvin got introduced by Bernard Manning." Alvin Stardust at the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Cl
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1987 by dlgladwin @ Today at 10:54 AM

Just remembered another, or rather corrected my mistaken memory, which was insisting it came out the following year: Screaming Trees¹ - A Fracture in Time ¹No, not that lot. This lot, from Sheffield.
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by dlgladwin @ Today at 09:07 AM

Selection of 90s soul grooves from the UK: Imagination – The Night We Loved Ashley & Jackson – The Sermon Snowboy – Girl Overboard Innocence – Natural Thing Malaya feat. Jacqui George – Blameless Watergates – Look Into Tomorrow Carlton – Do You
The Playroom
... But have bailed, despite being a fan. (Too 'folksy'.) Instead:
Jump to new posts Re: What was on (UK) TV the day you were born? by SHutch @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

You can use that site to find much more interesting stuff - its a pity no-one can find this in the BBC archives. Apparently Richard Williams has asked Alan Yentob to find it without any success... http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/6a717e3f085341a4af6d8366
Jump to new posts Re: Hollie Cook by Cavale @ Yesterday at 05:06 AM

Got the new one on order - will definitely check out that Drunken Gambler. Thanks for the tip!
Jump to new posts Re: John Peel session on/near the day you were born? by Cavale @ Yesterday at 05:03 AM

Ooh, I was born right between Deaf School and Buzzcocks!
Jump to new posts Re: U2 on later .. by earl ham @ 21/10/14 09:11 PM

Very good it is too ...Cheers. !
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by gottenbold @ 21/10/14 07:40 PM

Fading Gigolo. Really rubbish!
What ever happened to?
Jump to new posts What ever happened to ... by earl ham @ 21/10/14 07:21 PM

Rolf-Ulrich Kaiser and Gille Lettmann
Jump to new posts Re: Richard Hawley interview - The Quietus by dlgladwin @ 21/10/14 06:40 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Made In Sheffield, and could suggest several songs for a second volume. Christie's version of The Human League's Louise is the definitive reading. Tony Christie - Louise (promo clip) Now, if we're talking about his next album,
Jump to new posts Re: Dominic Waxing Lyrical - Woodland Casual by dlgladwin @ 21/10/14 09:26 AM

You can now stream the whole Woodland Casual album here: https://soundcloud.com/tenementrecords/sets
Jump to new posts Re: John Holt, 1947-2014 by Fingerprince @ 20/10/14 01:09 PM

One of my favourite reggae tracks ever below R.I.P. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGVLX8GDYA4
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by bigshot @ 20/10/14 11:33 AM

Like a funked-up Curve, then it goes all Morricone about halfway through. (You've Got To Get) A Good Heart - Cowboy Junkies
Jump to new posts Re: Black Widow, Clive Jones R.I.P. Come To The Sabbat by Fingerprince @ 20/10/14 11:24 AM

It's a shame Black Widow never quite captured the glory of that first album again. They basically became a meat and two veg heavy rock band because that's what the label wanted. It really frustrated Clive Jones who wanted the band to continue with it
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: What have you been watching? by dlgladwin @ 20/10/14 10:55 AM

We're loving Detectorists, too. Glorious stuff!
Jump to new posts Re: 'So This Is Permanence' by dlgladwin @ 20/10/14 10:39 AM

The cover takes its colours from Still... ...and uses Peter Saville's Closer font
Jump to new posts Re: The 1960s and the 1970's were a looooong time ago. by Fingerprince @ 18/10/14 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: slabbingrageOriginally Posted By: FingerprinceBut I suppose we must have a bit of rock snobbery otherwise it's no fun. Or maybe you shouldn't request the "thoughts" of someone who may have grown up enjoying their par
Jump to new posts Re: "Mid 80s prog pop" by gottenbold @ 17/10/14 07:14 PM

Wow! Just listened to this track from Smith and Brewis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H6orj4WgHw This is fantastic! Off to pre-order the album now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >