Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, it's. . . by big sciota @ Today at 03:21 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 01:46 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Picture Puzzler Game by Fingerprince @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

I think that's it for me with this now. Too labour intensive.
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by goosebump @ 28/08/15 10:29 PM

Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by goosebump @ 28/08/15 09:56 PM

Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by Tuppy_Glossop @ 28/08/15 05:39 PM

Pacific Ocean Blue
Jump to new posts Re: The second-last song on every album is the weakest by Fingerprince @ 28/08/15 03:58 PM

The Specials debut album? Little Bitch "Little Bitch". For all their noble tackling of racism head on, The Specials always had a slightly misogynist tinge. i.e. Nite Klub, Too Much Too Young, Supid Marriage, Hey Little Rich Girl, Pearl's
What’s That Sound?
Jump to new posts Re: Rainbow bridge soundtrack by Mister Tcheapers @ 28/08/15 01:00 PM

i am talking about this movie here http://www.amazon.de/Jimi-Hendrix-Rainbow-Bridge/dp/B000MQ57NW
Jump to new posts Re: Kissing the Pink - Naked (Expanded) by dlgladwin @ 28/08/15 09:42 AM

^^^ yes, that's the one. Only broadcast once in 1998, and never came out on DVD, but it's all on YouTube. Despite the lack of a DVD or repeat broadcast, a soundtrack CD was released. Alongside various early 80s tunes, this includes The Venus
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by fuzzy @ 27/08/15 11:39 PM

Pavement, via the Wirral: Bill Ryder-Jones - 'Two To Birkenhead'
Jump to new posts Re: new Joanna Newsom by Wild Man Paulie @ 27/08/15 06:03 PM

Just gave it a second listen, not that impressed really. I get what you mean with the slow build-up and all, but its all very predictable and doesn't do anything different to what she was doing on 'Have One On Me'. #treadingwater
Jump to new posts Re: Julia Holter by Wild Man Paulie @ 27/08/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyThis off that, too: 'Sea Calls Me Home' Wowser! Stunning. Can't wait for the new album now.
Jump to new posts Re: Van Morrison - expanded editions by dlgladwin @ 27/08/15 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyNot even a pagan stream? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pP5OqC2eNQ Streams of consciousness, maybe. Not really in the market for any Van after Veedon Fleece, myself. Will probably pick up those first two, when I see t
Jump to new posts Re: Taylor Swift by Mystic Mutt @ 26/08/15 04:16 PM

360 contracts and the fact that she's one of very few artists who makes any real money. I don't reckon Kendrick Lamar appeared on 'Bad Blood' to enhance his ironic cool. I reckon it's more likely that despite two highly praised chart albums he's stil
Jump to new posts Re: Pitchfork's 200 best songs of the 80s by gottenbold @ 25/08/15 09:35 PM

"Human Nature" is the one that does it for me.
Jump to new posts 'Born To Run' 40 years old today by fuzzy @ 25/08/15 08:06 PM

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment...ource=SFTwitter http://www.stereogum.com/1826436/the-str...anchises/essay/
Jump to new posts Re: Wot no anthology? by Wild Man Paulie @ 25/08/15 06:15 PM

Don't think Beck has been anthologised yet.
Jump to new posts Re: Genuine dreams featuring pop stars by Wild Man Paulie @ 25/08/15 06:03 PM

This thread creeps me out.
It's 8:00am,and I have Mott The Hoople Live cranked up right now,so though I am quite bookish myself,I'm kinda the yang to your yin,Gladders my friend...so here's what a "don't bore us,get to the chorus!" guy thinks..... 1. Never follow an
Jump to new posts Re: The Full Album Thread by gottenbold @ 24/08/15 02:05 PM

Lovely country rock from 1973 by Sand: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2jz87e
Jump to new posts Re: One penny Amazon thread! by Mystic Mutt @ 24/08/15 12:30 PM

Harsh realm, but on the other hand, I'm more surprised that albums by purveyors of early-80s stylee bedsit pop, et al, actually manage to get released in the current climate than the fact that they don't sell.
Jump to new posts Re: A Tough Gig by Mystic Mutt @ 24/08/15 11:52 AM

I'd also put tentatively into this category the double bill of punk feminist author Kathy Acker supported by Husker Du at Newcastle Riverside in 1986. Kathy Acker was very famous at the time and The Huskers weren't, so the audience was split 80/20 b
Jump to new posts Re: Gigs and shows by gottenbold @ 24/08/15 10:55 AM

Saw Badly Drawn Boy perform the whole of the "Hour of Bewilderbeast" at Holmfirth Picturedrome in July, which was great. Was really excited to see that Manuel Gottsching will play the whole of E2-E4 in Hebden Bridge next month, but the tic
Jump to new posts Re: Mention a band nobody has thought/talked about.... by Fingerprince @ 23/08/15 08:51 PM

Marion.
Jump to new posts Re: Love Tractor? by Anwar Bird @ 23/08/15 08:23 PM

Love Tractor had its critical "moment" in the early 1980s following the success of R.E.M.'s "Murmur" album, when music writers remembered that the B-52's had also come from the smallish town of Athens, Georgia. Love Tractor and a
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >