Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to? by fuzzy @ Today at 09:20 AM

Carl Broemel from My Morning Jacket - really like, on first play.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 04:08 AM

Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by goosebump @ Today at 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: fuzzy 'Strange Boy' - El Michels Affair feat the Shacks Very nice.
Jump to new posts Re: Biggest Music Box Set of All Time Announced by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

ps I took at look at Stanley Street on Google.... (If you can't see anything, click on the compass to rotate the street view.) Made me grin. street view
Jump to new posts Re: The return of Frank Ocean by Mystic Mutt @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

My first thoughts on the album are that there's actually quite a lot of folk doing this sort of fractured, deconstructed soul music around, Future, Young Thug, Lil Boaty - but those artists don't have the same sort of Guardian-level recognition fact
Jump to new posts Re: 'Soup For One' soundtrack by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Cheers. Interesting. While I have and love my Sister Sledge best of, I've never thought to seek out any of their studio albums.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Song Title Game Vol 2 by DanDeCarlo @ Yesterday at 12:42 AM

...Many Tears Ago ~ Connie Francis
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Laid up..fillin up the time.... by DanDeCarlo @ Yesterday at 12:35 AM

...I should add that I have COPD (in the lungs) , renal kidney failure , and congestive heart failure - I had been really gaining weight (from a " normal " of 265-275 lbs or so) , I had topped up at 325 or so ! I have been taking (amon
Jump to new posts Re: New issue by DanDeCarlo @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

...If it's just a question of covers , , I have to sorta chime in with Myst , Fuzz , you can only do so much " noble cred-building " - even if you need SOME - before you go OOB . As " sensible " as that may sound .
Jump to new posts Re: Fictitious tribute bands Vol 2 by DanDeCarlo @ Yesterday at 12:28 AM

...I once had a domain name reserved?/ - Well , something . - for a planned all-male Suzi Quatro/Runaways and related (more or less anything femme from that time or so , I guess) tribute , named: Can The Cherries !!!!! I even had a theme song in
Jump to new posts Re: OUT OF TIME 25th Anniversary Reissue by fuzzy @ 25/08/16 10:50 PM

I never liked 'Losing My Religion', even before it got overplayed, but there's other stuff on here with a real reach. I agree some good things were lost at this point but don't think their specialness stops here. 'Out of Time' and 'Automatic...' b
Jump to new posts Re: Bands that split in two by mpecucci @ 25/08/16 08:16 PM

Brinsley Schwartz - Rockpile & The Rumour
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The 21st Century's 100 Greatest Films by dlgladwin @ 25/08/16 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyWould any of you include 'A Field In England' (Ben Wheatley)? Me! Not that my opinion about cinema is relevant.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last book you read/the book you're reading... by gottenbold @ 25/08/16 02:49 PM

The Jason Starr books do have very appealing covers. I wonder if they are designed by the same person that does the Ghost Box record covers?
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by gottenbold @ 25/08/16 01:51 PM

All found on yesterday's Todmorden charity trail.
Jump to new posts Re: Instrumental chorus! by gottenbold @ 25/08/16 12:28 PM

The Walk - The Cure
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by dlgladwin @ 25/08/16 09:23 AM

Jump to new posts Re: HOW TO BUY...ARETHA FRANKLIN! by fuzzy @ 25/08/16 09:06 AM

6Music documentary: 'The Atlantic Records Story' Episode 6: Respect Johnnie Walker continues the story of Atlantic Records. In tonight's episode he looks at how Aretha Franklin, the queen of soul, got signed by Atlantic Records, and how the labe
Jump to new posts Re: Hip-Hop Corner by Mystic Mutt @ 24/08/16 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Wild Man PaulieAlso d/l the new Ka album 'Honor Killed The Samurai', but haven't listened to it yet. Hope its as sick as his recent 'Days With Dr. Yen Lo' project. Amazingly, the New York Post just ran a front page slagging
Jump to new posts Re: Gilli Smyth (1 June 1933 - 22 August 2016) by conform to deform @ 23/08/16 08:13 PM

Goddammit 2016. RIP Gilli.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by Wild Man Paulie @ 23/08/16 06:37 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Best albums this year so far by fuzzy @ 23/08/16 04:51 PM

and Teenage Fanclub. https://soundcloud.com/theepema/thinair
Jump to new posts Re: Billy Bragg by dlgladwin @ 23/08/16 10:20 AM

Songs, or albums? The early ones, either way. First three albums. I do enjoy the social/political songs, but let's have a few of the more relationship/experience-based numbers: The Man in the Iron Mask (from Life's a Riot with Spy vs. Spy, 1983)
Jump to new posts Re: Betty Davis and other funky women by dlgladwin @ 23/08/16 09:31 AM

Recommended set on Harmless: There are two further volumes, but I think the first is the best.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >