Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, it's . . . by fuzzy @ 45 minutes 16 seconds ago

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by fuzzy @ Today at 03:36 PM

Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: Terry Farley presents Acid Rain by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Missed this one when it slipped out at the end of last year - a very handy 3CD précis of the Trax catalogue, for those daunted by the Traxbox! Amazon link
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: My 10th anniversary on the MOJO boards today by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

The Modern Romance?
Jump to new posts Re: David Bowie, 1947-2016 by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Some of you might sniff at this but Bowie was friends with them. I think it works, in a young people way: 'Arcade Fire New Orleans Bowie Tribute Parade'
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

Yes, I must admit that was a disappointment to me, too. As a result I still haven't offloaded my individual CDs, which was partly the point. The bonus material in the box is great, though.
What ever happened to?
Jump to new posts Re: Twin sets? by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Mobile clothes boutiques
Jump to new posts Re: The Residents by coachmaddog @ Yesterday at 12:58 AM

Like them in small bits. I own 3rd Reich 'n' Roll and Petting Zoo. I saw them about 3 years ago in Chicago. Interesting, very interesting.
Jump to new posts Re: The Cure Deluxe Editions by dlgladwin @ 12/02/16 07:44 PM

I have a complete run as far as The Head on the Door, as well as The Glove's Blue Sunshine. But you only need Three Imaginary Boys and Seventeen Seconds for the full set...unless you fancy Disintegration. Of the two above for which I can speak, the
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by gottenbold @ 12/02/16 10:18 AM

The Playroom
Disc Two.
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by gottenbold @ 12/02/16 10:10 AM

A Victim's Mentality by Fold: http://fold.fm/video/a-victims-mentality/
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Letterbomb live on the radio! by lpecucci @ 11/02/16 07:07 PM

Oh yeah,forgot...if ya wanna hear the radio thing: Letterbomb on WZRD Chicago
Jump to new posts Re: 'Formation' by dlgladwin @ 11/02/16 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Mystic MuttA wider point is is that it used to be possible/acceptable for pop artists - of any colour or gender - to make political statements whilst still working in that medium. You didn't have to be Crass. - Lennon, MCartney,
Jump to new posts Re: Bee Gees by gottenbold @ 11/02/16 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Wild Man PaulieOriginally Posted By: gottenboldThe "Living Eyes" album made it into the Mojo top ten. There is some very good stuff on it, such as the title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0z-dwj3SN8 Wait fo
Jump to new posts Re: Best of 2015 Mojo boards poll by Wild Man Paulie @ 11/02/16 12:21 AM

Album of the year 5. Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden Of Delete 4. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell 3. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly 2. Dr Yen Lo - Days With Dr. Yen Lo 1. Death's Dynamic Shroud.wmv - I'll Try Living Like This Track Of
Jump to new posts Re: A Brazilian treasure trove by Wild Man Paulie @ 10/02/16 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: gottenbold Got this a while back but have yet to listen! Please report back when you've given it a listen. I'm a massive Joyce fan, but I don't have that album, and would love to know whether it's worth picking up or not.
Jump to new posts Re: What's on your wish list? by dlgladwin @ 10/02/16 12:03 PM

Update on the forthcoming Sandy Denny Acoustic collection, from the Talkawhile folk forum. Posted yesterday by Peter M: ----- Blackwaterside (Track 14 CD2) has only appeared previously on the big box. All the others (except the three Bunch demos)
Jump to new posts Re: Early album possessions revisited by gottenbold @ 09/02/16 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyOriginally Posted By: gottenboldFuzz, are you a fan of the "Flash Gordon" soundtrack? It is much underrated, I reckon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgL3VVjXv78&index=8&list=PLR3QQaw7Juhvl7zgV3DZESWXt7
Jump to new posts Re: HOW TO BUY… MORRISSEY AND THE SMITHS! by fuzzy @ 08/02/16 08:36 PM

I'm sure the words are better on 'Nobody Loves Us' but I think the tune's a little generic Morrissey. '...Dave' has an irresistible chord sequence or other such musical thingy, a great Pop hook (that's still gouged into my head, half an hour later
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite Music Books by gottenbold @ 08/02/16 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Mystic MuttMy favourite is: In which a hapless wannabe rock manager inveigles a smacked-out and middle aged Nico to settle in post-Thatcher Manchester bedsitland, and attempts to rekindle her career, all recorded by the ke
Jump to new posts Re: Signe Anderson , R. I. P. by Mystic Mutt @ 07/02/16 10:17 PM

Nah, I find it a bit worrying. 40 years ago, Yoko Ono, who was at least an established artist, was universally slagged off for daring to have the temerity to assume to have some creative input into Lennon's career. Kanye's being presented by The Dai