Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ 46 minutes 6 seconds ago

Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by gottenbold @ Today at 05:01 PM

Jump to new posts Latitude - day 2 by electrofried(mr) @ Today at 01:35 PM

Mogwai deliver a stellar scorched-earth set ..
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by goosebump @ Today at 12:59 PM

Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by TheReverendJohn @ Today at 09:46 AM

The Playroom
Finally started this properly, as my kitchen book:
Jump to new posts Re: Latitude 2014 .. your intrepid reporter returns by electrofried(mr) @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Dear Gottenbold, sadly I'm not a fan of Hall and Oates so I missed their session. I can, however, report that Booker T Jones looks in mean health and delivered some rather splendid renditions . watch this space for the next instalment! Best regard
Jump to new posts George: new 'Apple Years' box coming....? by 'arry Krishner @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Dahni's picture and quote from thenewno2: "Back to work...... If you look closely you may spot something PH and I have been working on for the past few months" Anybody see it...?
Jump to new posts Re: Always had a dance element to our music by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

I like - 'I Was Made For Lovin' You' - KISS
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Procul Harum- 'A Salty Dog'
Jump to new posts Re: New issue by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Misty In Roots by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

Their stuff is pretty scarce on CD now, so maybe you could wait for some overdue reissues, or try a bit of Steel Pulse... ...and Aswad? I thoroughly recommend those two albums. Getting back to Misty In Roots, we might well see them avail
Jump to new posts Paul's Boutique by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

It is 25 years ago this week that the Beastie Boys released this album. There was a piece in the NME about it, praising its groundbreaking production and tricksy weaving of myriad samples. I have never heard this myself. Do you own and still listen
Jump to new posts Re: What did you listen to last night? by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

Early evening, whilst cooking: Rather later, washing up:
Jump to new posts Re: Mojo's 50 Greatest UK Indie Records... by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 08:47 AM

I had a French girlfriend, briefly, in the early 90s. Her favourite English band was 'Poolp'.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Tom Petty album? by Osgood @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

I stick to my original contribution to this thread: S/T, Damn The Torpedoes and Full Moon Fever are the ones to get. The last is more immediate, plenty of hits and featuring hooks in almost every song, whilst the first two might be more 'authentic' i
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Song Title Game Vol 2 by coachmaddog @ Yesterday at 06:25 AM

I'm the Man- Joe Jackson
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Last film you saw at the cinema by gottenbold @ 24/07/14 10:14 PM

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Superb!
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best Wilco? by fuzzy @ 24/07/14 06:32 PM

Jeff Tweedy has a new album coming with his 18-year old son, under the name Tweedy. 'Summer Noon' More tracks here: http://albumstreams.com/q/tweedy
Jump to new posts Re: Mould and Hart by TheReverendJohn @ 24/07/14 03:09 PM

I've got Mould's: Workbook, Black Sheets of Rain, Poison Years, Bob Mould, Last Dog and Pony Show, Modulate and Blowoff (with Richard Morel) and of those I'd guess my favourites to be Bob Mould and Modulate but it's the eponymous one that gets the mo
Jump to new posts Re: The Power Pop YouTube Thread by GARY FIELD @ 24/07/14 02:29 PM

1980 Canadian powerpop (by way of BC and Ontario) The Kings - This Beat Goes On/Switchin' to Glide
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Creating a concept album game by GARY FIELD @ 24/07/14 11:37 AM

.. . now, shameless product placement . . . SONGS with PRODUCT NAMES in the TITLE 1. Chevrolet - FOGHAT 2. Coca-Cola Douche - THE FUGS 3. Little HONDA - Beach Boys (and the Hondells) 4. Rock And Roll McDonalds - Wesley Willis
Jump to new posts Re: Stonking live singles! by Fingerprince @ 23/07/14 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: dlgladwinNot sure whether anyone bothers with live singles any more, but when I was growing up these would regularly make the charts, and were often better than their studio counterparts. I'll start us off, with one of the be
Jump to new posts Re: Too many hooks... by Mystic Mutt @ 23/07/14 03:06 PM

Ubiquitous stuff like Pitbull and Flo Rida, apparently engineered to compensate for the micro attention span of the youtube/spotify generation.
Jump to new posts Re: Terrible (official) live albums by fuzzy @ 23/07/14 12:13 PM

Are these both as bad as reputed?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >