Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by bigshot @ 53 minutes 54 seconds ago

I've been dipping my toes in with solo Lloyd over the past couple of years. Mostly enjoyed what I've heard. There's a fair bit of it too. Is that the album with the single Like Lovers Do on it?
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: PLAYLIST - The page in MOJO mag by EiA @ 58 minutes 18 seconds ago

QUANTIC PRESENTS THE WESTERN TRANSIENT: A NEW CONSTELLATION Musical chameleon Will Quantic's new project sees him head into Tjader/Santamaria territory by way of Columbia. A massive step forward for the always-forward-thinking artist. IRON AND WINE
Jump to new posts Re: 20 From The 80's by EiA @ Today at 05:35 PM

(I'm looking at this as LP's -- records that bear their status from being exemplary from beginning to end, Side A to Side B. And this is not, of course, a list that includes Greatest Hits or Singles collections) 20 ESSENTIAL ALBUMS FROM THE 80's: S
Jump to new posts Re: New New Order by gottenbold @ Today at 05:24 PM

Agree about Hooky's bass being integral to the sound. Had Perfect Kiss on the other day and it wouldn't be half what it is without his majestic bass hook.
Try "American Beauty", think you'd like. Don't think you even have to like the Dead to like that one.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Three Little Words by foxontherocks @ Today at 01:30 PM

Intercourse With Microphone
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by TheReverendJohn @ Today at 01:26 PM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last book you read/the book you're reading... by gottenbold @ Today at 01:20 PM

Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by fuzzy @ Today at 11:47 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Poppy one-man would-be New Order, with a doubly Factory name. This is his sole release, from 1984. Shame the sleeve doesn't manage to channel Peter Saville. Tony Martin - Barriers
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by Anwar Bird @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

I'm not quick to dismiss a band with 15 to 20 good tracks in its catalogue, not counting "Yes."
Jump to new posts Re: Julia Holter by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

She's also got her own new track out, Feel You from forthcoming album, "Have You In My Wilderness".
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by earl ham @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Les Rallizes are lot cheaper these days ..
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite Sinatra albums by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Starting this Friday on BBC Four, a four-part series, Sinatra: All or Nothing at All. ----- An up-close and personal examination of the life, music and career of the legendary entertainer. In 1971, Frank Sinatra sang his legendary 'retirement c
Jump to new posts Re: Galaxie 500 by gottenbold @ 02/08/15 09:52 PM

Cheers bigshot. I do have the reissue of "Today" too, which I bought with "On Fire" when they came out (shame on me for taking so long to give "On Fire" a proper listen) I'll probably pick up the "This Is Our Music
Jump to new posts Re: Original Album Series/Classics by gottenbold @ 02/08/15 02:26 PM

That Toussaint looks good, especially as "Southern Nights" was previously really pricey to get hold of. Just noticed that there's a "Krautrock" box, but it has not very good reviews.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re:The RIP Thread by fuzzy @ 02/08/15 01:10 PM

Cilla Black, RIP
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Supermarket music by gottenbold @ 02/08/15 11:17 AM

Russ Ballard!
Jump to new posts Re: Up for Grabs! by gottenbold @ 01/08/15 07:20 PM

One copy of Santana's Caravanserai free to any UK boardster.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Picture Puzzler Game by Fingerprince @ 01/08/15 02:11 PM

bump
Jump to new posts Re: Hip-Hop Corner by Mystic Mutt @ 01/08/15 11:21 AM

Ben Blackwell-Israel We Go Hard
Jump to new posts Re: Records you're looking forward to in 2015 by gottenbold @ 01/08/15 10:02 AM

Curious about new New Order and a-ha albums coming soon!
Jump to new posts Re: Van Halen 1978-84 by EiA @ 01/08/15 01:16 AM

Fuzzy: Thanks, mate -- I aim to!
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite Modern Fiction Books? by Mystic Mutt @ 31/07/15 12:49 PM

^^^it was a fairly popular idea back then that crime writers were describing contemporary society more effectively than literary fiction was able to do, not as one might think because of the subject matter, but because the characters everyday lives
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >