Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by fuzzy @ 26 minutes 18 seconds ago

Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: Best only-on-a-soundtrack singles by gottenbold @ 30 minutes 22 seconds ago

And "Nobody Does It Better" by Carly Simon!
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to? by goosebump @ Today at 05:38 AM

What’s That Sound?
Jump to new posts Re: On Keith Richards BBC4 takeover last night by Marsh @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Thanks Fuzzy, but it's not recognisable as that song from versions on Spotify or i-tunes. Could well have been Etta James, but it looked a touch more obscure. Dated from probably '63 or '64 and typically, there was no screen credit that I saw and h
Jump to new posts Re: Echo and the Bunnymen (1987) by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

That looks worth getting. Thanks. I'd like to hear "Jimmy Brown (Early Version of BOTDH" and the extended version too. Just thinking about a thread for "Best singles recorded especially for a film soundtrack that were never included o
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

Steel Mill - 'He's Guilty (Send This Boy To Jail)'
Jump to new posts Re: Your Tinder tune. by slabbingrage @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

Sugar On Top by The Dirtbombs
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by goosebump @ 23/09/16 10:31 PM

Jump to new posts Re: How to listen to.. Fela Kuti by Mystic Mutt @ 23/09/16 06:13 PM

3 Fela CDs, including a double best of, going for under 2 quid each on Amazon at the moment. Might as well start there as anywhere..
Disc 1
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Sentence band names by gottenbold @ 23/09/16 10:51 AM

Stevie Nicks Bill Withers Curtis Stigers (to stiger (v) - to have long hair and a strong jaw, to play saxophone)
Jump to new posts Re: New issue by mpecucci @ 22/09/16 04:31 PM

Man...the wait time is getting longer and longer in the US!...the Beatles issue just hit the shelves!!...
Jump to new posts Re: Billboard's 100 Greatest Music Books by Tuppy_Glossop @ 22/09/16 03:46 PM

Whereas my top two are very definitely about Elvis and The Beatles. (Careless Love & Tune In Vol 1)
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last book you read/the book you're reading... by Mystic Mutt @ 22/09/16 12:24 PM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: American MOJOers - WTF?! by DanDeCarlo @ 22/09/16 02:22 AM

...Oooh , President Pence...You like ? (How he might imagine Mulan addressing him??) I got no response when I brought up voting in the Cali primary , a ways back:-(... Originally Posted By: mpecucciHillary had pneumonia, not the FUCKING plague.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Song Title Game Vol 2 by DanDeCarlo @ 22/09/16 02:17 AM

...Everybody ~ Tommy Roe
Jump to new posts Re: success with a remixed previously very minor track by gottenbold @ 21/09/16 08:57 PM

R Kelly's "Ignition (Remix)"?
^^^ tragic backstory, too, not that that's a selling point... http://www.allmusic.com/album/nothing-more-to-say-mw0002957550
Jump to new posts Re: success with an unreleased track by Mystic Mutt @ 21/09/16 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Anwar BirdTupac Shakur (2Pac) had a #1 Billboard rap single with "Changes," released two years after his death. It was one of five unreleased songs that became Top Ten singles on that chart. He also placed two Top Te
Reviews
(All of that said, I've been trying the new album, on and off, online, and after a few weeks of feeling decidedly cool, I think it's suddenly got me.)
Jump to new posts Re: Do jazzers play the best rock? by gottenbold @ 19/09/16 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyOriginally Posted By: gottenboldInteresting thread. I've never heard any Okkervil River but had always assumed they traded in Americana/alt country type stuff. Do they have a background in jazz? Don't think so (but hadn't
Jump to new posts Re: Ian Hunter's Mott-y Bowie tribute song by goosebump @ 18/09/16 11:29 AM

Great tribute song.