Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: The Casuals by 'arry Krishner @ 5 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gottenbold When I heard "Jesamine" on the radio I assumed The Casuals were an American act. Their name and their sound suggest this. I totally fail to understand how their name and sound suggest that to you, Gotts.
Jump to new posts Re: "these creeps and their polluting ideas" by lpecucci @ Today at 12:00 AM

Lester Bangs' "James Taylor Marked For Death"....excellent stuff! I put no credence in album reviews anymore beyond a general "this sounds like so-and-so" to see if its in my ballpark... Good or bad,you just don't see much impas
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Backing down by Mystic Mutt @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyOriginally Posted By: Mystic Mutt"Yeah, I'm into the obscure stuff as well. Have you ever heard of a band called Led Zeppelin?" Ye gods, Mutt! Where were you working?! With someone from NZ . Every Kiwi I've
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by Moonglum @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last book you read/the book you're reading... by TheReverendJohn @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

^^^ I'll be looking out for that. I've read all of his up to now and personally found the the De Zoet book the best yet (I didn't think I would enjoy it so much as it was quite different from his other things). Strangly enough I thought Black Swan G
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 records - favourites so far? by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

As ever, I have bought far more old music than current releases, but possibly more of the latter already in 2014 than the whole of last year. Currently listening to this: Recommended to spectral folk fans.
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

No, I didn't even know they still had an albums chart any more! Actually I did, but only from reading Morrissey's recent online moans about the failure of his (former?) record label to get his last album to the top of it. I decided to play The Dr
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

Playlist
Jump to new posts Ye Olde Traveling Wilburys mix by Gardener @ 31/08/14 07:51 PM

Traveling Wilburys : Wilbury Twist Charlie T. Jr :Too Much Ain't Enough Lucky : Everything Is Broken Nelson : Wah Wah Lefty : California Blue Otis : Jungle Traveling Wilburys : Not Alone Anymore Charlie T. Jr : Learning To Fly - remix Lucky : Sitti
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Song Title Game Vol 2 by virgil kane @ 31/08/14 05:28 PM

Dancing With Them That Brung Me - Stacey Earle
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by bigshot @ 31/08/14 11:46 AM

Which I'd never seen before and thoroughly enjoyed and which my wife had never seen before and was absolutely gobsmacked by how it ended (as indeed I was when I first saw it about 20 years ago)
Jump to new posts Music Landmarks by Spiritinthesky @ 31/08/14 08:22 AM

There’s a new free App out called Rocking All Over The World which is looking for music fans to send in any music landmarks they might know. The App shows landmarks of historic gigs, festivals, stars' birth places, locations of a famous album sleeve
Reviews
Jump to new posts Re: The Damned , Catalyst , Santa Cruz . by DanDeCarlo @ 30/08/14 11:02 PM

...My eyes were mostly for Captain Sensible . Ray B. showed the truth behind the comments that the Dammned show " early-psychedelica influences " , his hard rock-ish guitar ramblings generally (I say generally) adding to the song and not to
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by dlgladwin @ 30/08/14 07:38 PM

Nice bit of British Soul from 1989... Dean Edwards - Please Come Back
Jump to new posts Re: Gabriel questions by bigshot @ 30/08/14 10:35 AM

I've recently inherited 2, 4 and a live album with a red cover from some friends who were leaving the country. Haven't listened to them yet though.
Jump to new posts Re: Pork / Baby Mammoth by TheReverendJohn @ 30/08/14 09:13 AM

Managed to give most of this a listen last night http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00004YL04 Excellent stuff. I would say worth every penny I paid for it but that doesn't do it any justice at all. Still another available in the 1p price bracket it
Jump to new posts Re: Robyn Hitchcock by PurplePiePete @ 30/08/14 01:10 AM

Hey guys, I am dying to hear the new RH lp. Most of the recommendations above are quite good. I have seen him live dozens of times. My fave recordings are "I Often Dream of Trains," "Fegmania," "Element of Light" and &
Jump to new posts Re: The Return of the Aphex Twin by fuzzy @ 29/08/14 06:06 PM

Knowing some of you are excited by this album... Originally Posted By: Warp RecordsBetween September 5th and 10th, listening events for Aphex Twin's upcoming album 'Syro' will be held in cities in UK, France, USA, Canada, Belgium and Netherlands. A
Originally Posted By: fuzzyIs there anything in this new one exciting you, Mike? This set has 10 more tracks,but theyre all alternate takes,no new songs....sooo,not really dying to by this.... Here would be my single disc version of the Basement T
Jump to new posts Re: Kate Bush by Gardener @ 28/08/14 05:00 PM

aww thanks, I see another set list has leaked
Jump to new posts Re: "Mid 80s prog pop" by fuzzy @ 28/08/14 02:33 PM

I don't really know it, to be honest, would be interested to hear what you think of it; have heard, but don't own*. I seem to remember reviews talking about mid80s Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel, though. (*Rather like you said recently of the State C
Jump to new posts Re: Blur versus Oasis by Mister Tcheapers @ 26/08/14 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyWhy did you ask, Tcheapy? well, watching that documentary i wondered whether anybody took notice of that poor guy who went number 3 that week (given all the fuzz concerning that blur-versus-oasis-thing).
Jump to new posts Re: Arvo Part by Wild Man Paulie @ 26/08/14 02:57 PM

Surprised nobody's mentioned Gorecki yet. He's my favourite of the European minimalists, and this is probably his most famous recording: His music is instantly recognisable as its been used countless Films and documentaries. Henryk Gorecki