Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 03:35 AM

(s/t)
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, it's . . . by Shooby Taylor @ Today at 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: boston2lalaland I read some rave reviews on amazon for that, looks really cool.
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: How much has your taste in music changed... by Shooby Taylor @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Thanks Boston, I only discovered Joe Williams recently and really like his voice, I'm waiting for "Feel The Spirit" and " A Man Aint Supposed to Cry" to arrive in the post. Thinking about getting "Count Basie Swings - Joe Wil
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, it's . . . by boston2lalaland @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Jump to new posts Re: How much has your taste in music changed... by boston2lalaland @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Shooby TaylorThis is partly why I'm exploring pre-rock n roll Jazz/Pop singers at the mo, I like to actually hear what a singers voice sounds like! plus there is an amazing amount of talent to discover and the vocals are often b
Jump to new posts Re: Halfway decent cheap turntable/CD player? by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: The_CaptainThe things that you posted look awful. Well they were only to get the conversation started!
Jump to new posts Re: How much has your taste in music changed... by Shooby Taylor @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: boston2lalaland There are some with talent out there, but most are tech-tweeking out any emotion, depth or individuality of tone. Finding artists that are fully and flawed human, or at all raw, is a rare grace these days This
Jump to new posts Re: How much has your taste in music changed... by boston2lalaland @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

As The_Captain notes 'like listening to two robots...'. The shame of it, I feel, is that Beyonce does have pipes but I don't listen to her music because it's been tech-tweeked beyond human recognition. There are some with talent out there, but most a
Jump to new posts Re: Halfway decent cheap turntable/CD player? by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Looks to me like you could buy the Denon system and add this turntable... http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-2682-denon-dp200usb-usb-turntable.aspx ...of which we're told: "To help keep things even simpler and ensure that the DP200 USB will work with
Jump to new posts Re: How much has your taste in music changed... by The_Captain @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Stepping well outside of my comfort zone I was listening to a Beyonce track which I think featured Drake earlier today. I found that the vocals had so much conditioning done to them that it was like listening to two robots sing without any trace of s
Jump to new posts Re: The J. Geils Band by boston2lalaland @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

In the late '60s, in Boston, MA, USA, we'd hear J. Geils a lot and Peter Wolf even more as he was a DJ at WBCN [best rock radio anywhere, sadly gone.] J.Geils, along with Duke and The Drivers, were "the" bar bands to hear, then Geils went s
Jump to new posts Re: Tina Turner by boston2lalaland @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

I think this is the best collection available for her. Yes, does have post-Ike, but has much with Ike [& yes, hits with Jagger, Stewart, Clapton]. If I was new to hearing Turner or wanted to cheaply replace all the individual CD's, this is what I
Jump to new posts Re: Halfway decent cheap turntable/CD player? by TheReverendJohn @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Like most things these days Captain, I don't think it has a phono stage (and a decent phono pre-amp can be pricey). Seeing as everyone keeps saying that vinyl is making a comeback you have to wonder what it's all being played on. Last time I had a c
Jump to new posts Re: Tina Turner by Tuppy_Glossop @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Don't like any of the post Heaven 17 years but still never begrudged her a moment of it, because she was fantastic in her time. Apart from Sly Stone I think the Ike & Tina show is the live turn I would like to have seen above all others.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by boston2lalaland @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Jump to new posts Tina Turner by The_Captain @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Talking to a friend of mine today and he said that he really rates Tina as an artist. I was surprised as I only know her cheesy 80s phase. Found this on Amazon - a worthwhile investment?
Jump to new posts Re: Halfway decent cheap turntable/CD player? by The_Captain @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

The things that you posted look awful. Try to find something of a reasonable quality. How about something like this and add a Project turntable... http://www.whathifi.com/denon/d-m40dab/review
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Halfway decent cheap turntable/CD player? by TheReverendJohn @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Just came across this little gem Steepletone Bromley I love the jaunty angle of the turntable platter in the pic.
Jump to new posts Re: Halfway decent cheap turntable/CD player? by TheReverendJohn @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Can't say I like the look of either of those systems Fuzzy, very cheap and nasty looking. I have come across a Steepletone player before and it is far from the best - similar to those awful Amstrad things of the late 70s. Basically they just sound p
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, it's . . . by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Mention a band nobody has thought/talked about.... by earl ham @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Right Profile Sparklehorse Indeed .. The Sad & Beautiful World Of Sparklehorse
Jump to new posts Re: Halfway decent cheap turntable/CD player? by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

My last flat had an open kitchen/living room area. Can't all afford multi-roomed mansions, Mutt!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >