Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by earl ham @ Today at 12:19 AM

Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1989 by earl ham @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Tuppy_Glossop movies had their moment between say 1920 and 1960.
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by earl ham @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Sing in tune, you bastards ..
Jump to new posts Re: Albums You Keep For One Track by earl ham @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Your Silent Face - Power, Corruption and Lies - New Order Jailbird - give out but don't give up - Primal Scream All The Way To Reno - Reveal - REM
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by Fingerprince @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

The novelty of claymation video technique brought a couple of old classics back to the hit parade in the mid-Eighties. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTs8a7dVa0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSbUOoq4Vg
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

And, getting back to the point, the finest and most satisfying example of this phenomenon is surely Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead.
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Which reminds me. Saw this the other day, and meant to post it here. The Velvet Underground play Green Onions
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by Mystic Mutt @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

An interesting thing with my students is that they think of the musical past as a golden age that all happened at the same time. It must have been great when I was young when Nirvana, Hendrix, Queen (They love Queen) Oasis, Floyd and Led Zeppelin we
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

Interesting thread. Human League's "Being Boiled" was a top ten hit in 82 but didn't chart on original release in 80. Not really the same as your Green Onions example though.
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by Mystic Mutt @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

The mod revival was interesting because it sparked off an interest in a forgotten history. The nostalgia industry hadnt kicked off, and if you were interested in music in 1979, the music of the comparatively recent past was already forgotten, b
Jump to new posts Re: Chuggers! by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

Their big hit was a chugger, too.
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by Fingerprince @ Yesterday at 05:43 PM

I forgot about deaths. I remember jive dancing to Rock Around The Clock a lot on mid-70s holidays of my youth. As soon as me and my mate heard the 1- 2- 3'o'clock... intro before we ran onto the dance floor, we'd rush to the toilet and put water an
Originally Posted By: FingerprinceCan anyone think of other old numbers that become hits years after the event that weren't connected to a popular advert or a film? ... or deaths? I know 'Rock Around The Clock' had a few runs at the charts: Origi
Jump to new posts Re: Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by Fingerprince @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

Ah, Madness re released 1981's It Must be Love to success in 1992.
Jump to new posts Green Onions query (& other ageing re-release hits by Fingerprince @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Today, I heard on 6Music, the famous groovy track by Booker T & The MGs. It was originally a hit in 1962 and then in 1979 it was re-released in December and was a top ten chart buster. Does anyone know why this became a hit seventeen years late
Jump to new posts Re: Chuggers! by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 05:23 PM

A topical chugger: 'Black Friday' - Steely Dan
Jump to new posts Re: All killer? by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzyAll of my favourites have at least one or two albums I can happily live without. Most of mine only made that many!
Jump to new posts Re: All killer? by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Mystic MuttA counterargument might be, of course, is that if you do something all your fans like, all the time, then your playing it too safe. Totally agree.
Jump to new posts Re: All killer? by Mystic Mutt @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

A counterargument might be, of course, is that if you do something all your fans like, all the time, then your playing it too safe. Tom Waits, for instance, post Franks Wild Years, has only written in two forms - the heartbreaking balad and the clank
Jump to new posts Re: Your tune of the day by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

TZ - I Got the Hots for You
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1989 by Tuppy_Glossop @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

Go for it. I'm of a mind that the days in which pop music really mattered are over, in the same way as movies had their moment between say 1920 and 1960. But conversely there is more music than ever that I enjoy, including through the 90s.
Jump to new posts Re: Paul Smith and Peter Brewis by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Maybe. Have just ordered it for my brother's Xmas present!
Jump to new posts Macca on Kitchenware? by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

In Uncut's "Music Guide" to Paul McCartney, each track from every album gets stars out of five, and there aren't that many that are given the full five. I was surprised to see "No More Lonely Nights" get five out of five. The wr
Jump to new posts Re: Paul Smith and Peter Brewis by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: gottenboldIf the album is anything like as good as the one track I've heard, it could be a late contender for album of the year! Hasn't made any of the lists that I've seen so far. Are record companies missing a (re)marketing
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

Cheers Gladders. Have "Curtain" on at the moment. Lovely!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >