Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by fuzzy @ 11 minutes 44 seconds ago

I'm with the bad reviews, I'm afraid... I really wanted to like it because a big fan of Don Winslow, whose book this is based on, and even a fan of quite a few Oliver Stone films, but the scene where some minor character's being tortured and his eyeb
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by gottenbold @ 23 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: fuzzyOriginally Posted By: gottenbold Have you watched this yet? It came out in 2012, and was directed by Oliver Stone. It got bad reviews, but I enjoyed it. It's a pulpy tale with a lot of snappy dialogue and great per
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by gottenbold @ 26 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlgladwinOriginally Posted By: gottenbold Do you know Just Give 'em Whiskey by Colourbox? Yes! I knew the song before I first saw the film on telly back in the late 80s. I didn't realise where the Colourbox samples were f
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by TheReverendJohn @ 37 minutes 0 seconds ago

Vital's good - but not as good. Something about QZ/PD grabbed me on first listening many many years ago and it remains my go-to album of theirs, however the good lady is not a fan so my opportunities to play anything Graafian are limited these days.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by fuzzy @ 48 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gottenbold Have you watched this yet?
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last DVD you bought, watched or obtained. by dlgladwin @ Today at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: gottenbold Do you know Just Give 'em Whiskey by Colourbox?
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By: TheReverendJohnOriginally Posted By: dlgladwin Their best, if you ask me. Interesting. I like it, actually rather more than World Record, which seems to slump into jamming too often, and as for the last portion of Meurglys
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by TheReverendJohn @ Today at 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: dlgladwinOriginally Posted By: Tuppy_GlossopOriginally Posted By: dlgladwinOriginally Posted By: Tuppy_GlossopYou've actually managed it, you finally gone and reached the bottom of the barrel. Are you sure? Are you tellin
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by gottenbold @ Today at 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: fuzzySmelled my first cut grass of the year this morning. Drove away listening to the Lilac Time. It's dangerous to be in control of a vehicle whilst under the influence of jazz cigarettes.
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by TheReverendJohn @ Today at 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: dlgladwin Their best, if you ask me.
Originally Posted By: Tuppy_GlossopOriginally Posted By: dlgladwinOriginally Posted By: Tuppy_GlossopYou've actually managed it, you finally gone and reached the bottom of the barrel. Are you sure? Are you telling me there's worse to come!
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by gottenbold @ Today at 10:12 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Currently streaming... by gottenbold @ Today at 10:05 AM

First track on this new White is fantastic!
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by Tuppy_Glossop @ Today at 10:04 AM

Johnny Cash - At San Quentin Wanted Man!
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by Tuppy_Glossop @ Today at 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: dlgladwinOriginally Posted By: Tuppy_GlossopYou've actually managed it, you finally gone and reached the bottom of the barrel. Are you sure? Are you telling me there's worse to come!
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by fuzzy @ Today at 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Anwar Bird
Smelled my first cut grass of the year this morning. Drove away listening to the Lilac Time.
Originally Posted By: Tuppy_GlossopYou've actually managed it, you finally gone and reached the bottom of the barrel. Are you sure?
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by Tuppy_Glossop @ Today at 09:07 AM

You've actually managed it, you finally gone and reached the bottom of the barrel.
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Bell by gottenbold @ Today at 07:56 AM

Just been thinking about how many songs with people's names as titles Macca did: Mrs Vanderbilt Jenny Wren Mr Bellamy Helen Wheels Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey And there are probably more! Only just discovered Patrick Hamilton. His 20,000 Streets i
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Bell by Mystic Mutt @ Today at 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By: gottenboldWhich was first? Was it Macca's Eleanor? There was virtually a genre of novels concerning sad-sack Bayswater bedsit-dwellers between 1930-1950 - Patrick Hamilton, Jean Rhys, George Orwell, Julian Macdonald Ross, Gra
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Bell by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Which was first? Was it Macca's Eleanor?
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >