Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by Fingerprince @ 7 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fuzzySee both. I really wanted to like Inside Llewyn Davis more than I did... but didn't. Vanilla Sky's rubbished by most folk but I think it's alright! Good soundtrack, too. One of Macca's finest songs too.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by fuzzy @ 15 minutes 0 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by dlgladwin @ 15 minutes 8 seconds ago

Local second hand shop at lunch:
Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by fuzzy @ 19 minutes 50 seconds ago

See both. I really wanted to like Inside Llewyn Davis more than I did... but didn't. Vanilla Sky's rubbished by most folk but I think it's alright! Good soundtrack, too.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ 41 minutes 58 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by gottenbold @ 43 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bigshotOriginally Posted By: fuzzy... - imagine early '60s NYC would've been an amazing place to be young and in love. Did you see Inside Llewyn Davis ? Or Vanilla Sky? This album cover plays an important part in that f
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by foxontherocks @ Today at 01:38 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by bigshot @ Today at 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: fuzzy... - imagine early '60s NYC would've been an amazing place to be young and in love. Did you see Inside Llewyn Davis ?
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by bigshot @ Today at 12:36 PM

Let It Bee - I had that on cassette. Some nice poppy guitary tunes, played it all summer in my battered Volkswagen Polo. How could I have forgotten that!
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by fuzzy @ Today at 12:24 PM

Most of what I was listening to's been mentioned above, plus Living Colour - Vivid Voice of the Beehive - Let It Bee
Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by Fingerprince @ Today at 12:20 PM

A quiet night in
Jump to new posts Re: Alvin Stardust, 1942-2014 by dlgladwin @ Today at 11:59 AM

Just posted on Facebook by Notts wit Al Needham: As Nik Cohn said: "Elvis became God. Tommy Steele Made it to the London Palladium. And Alvin got introduced by Bernard Manning." Alvin Stardust at the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Cl
Jump to new posts Re: Alvin Stardust, 1942-2014 by bigshot @ Today at 11:54 AM

Very sad news you must be out of your tiny minds!
Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by fuzzy @ Today at 11:52 AM

... - imagine early '60s NYC would've been an amazing place to be young and in love.
Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by fuzzy @ Today at 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: FingerprinceOriginally Posted By: fuzzy* Your suggestion was entirely relevant. What gives? I thought I'd got the idea wrong. Ok then....
Jump to new posts Alvin Stardust, 1942-2014 by dlgladwin @ Today at 11:45 AM

From BBC News: ----- Singer Alvin Stardust dies aged 72 Singer Alvin Stardust has died aged 72 after a short illness. Born Bernard Jewry in the East End of London in 1942, his hits included My Coo Ca Choo, Jealous Mind and I Feel Like Buddy Holly
Jump to new posts Re: Idylls by TheReverendJohn @ Today at 11:33 AM

Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by Fingerprince @ Today at 11:24 AM

Oh and... Elvis Costello - Spike The Beatnigs - The Beatnigs Fishbone - Truth And Soul Yeah, sod off Eighties naysayers!
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by Fingerprince @ Today at 11:22 AM

Phew! 20 from me! Momus - Tender Pervert The Residents - God In Three Persons Jim Jiminee - Welcome To Hawaii The Madness - The Madness Stump - A Fierce Pancake Cardiacs - A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window Yello - Flag Bobby McFer
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by dlgladwin @ Today at 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bigshotI'm sure if I went through the racks at home I could probably find as many again that I still love from the year. Same here. Might do that later, but until then... Act - Laughter, Tears & Rage Bad Dream Fancy Dress
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by dlgladwin @ Today at 11:15 AM

John Peel sessions from 1988: 3 January - Bolt Thrower 5 January - T.V. Smith's Cheap 7 January - Bob 10 January - A Witness 17 January - Stars of Heaven 24 January - Twang 26 January - The Great Leap Forward 31 January - The Abs 7 February
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by bigshot @ Today at 11:12 AM

Tender Prey - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by bigshot @ Today at 11:09 AM

That's just off the top of my head and reminders from your two posts. I'm sure if I went through the racks at home I could probably find as many again that I still love from the year.
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by bigshot @ Today at 11:05 AM

Brilliant year. 18 years old and the year is started spending stupid amounts on albums (and haven't stopped yet). Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation The House of Love - The House Of Love Happy Mondays - Bummed Stone Roses - Stones Roses Galaxie 500 - To
Jump to new posts Re: A Kick Up the Eighties - 1988 by dlgladwin @ Today at 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Tuppy_GlossopGood year! It was. I can think of at least five more.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >