Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: The Amazon Bargain Thread by dlgladwin @ 28 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Wild Man Paulie*pedant alert* He's made 13 studio albums altogether. The box contains the first 11. Sorry Well, that's me duly outed as a press-release-quoting recommender with no real knowledge of his recommendation! Bu
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by dlgladwin @ 33 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Wild Man PaulieIt's like comparing Joy Division with Madness. Now there's a thought. Racking my brains to come up with a connection, here.
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by TheReverendJohn @ Today at 07:25 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Suede by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: gottenboldMaybe Steve Albini would've brought out the beast in them? Or Mutt Lange.
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 07:03 PM

Why compare the two bands anyway? It's not like they have anything in common. It's like comparing Joy Division with Madness.
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 07:02 PM

Quote:Though liked at the time, I now find Dog Man Star unplayable. Brett sounds like he's auditioning for an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical. That's part of the reason why I find them the most dated of all the major Britpop bands. Quote: as cringey fo
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by fuzzy @ Today at 05:49 PM

I'll always have a lot of love for the first album and early singles/b-sides, which is at least partly nostalgia. Though liked at the time, I now find Dog Man Star unplayable. Brett sounds like he's auditioning for an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by gottenbold @ Today at 05:06 PM

Maybe Steve Albini would've brought out the beast in them?
Jump to new posts Re: The Amazon Bargain Thread by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dlgladwin http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Complete-Stu...816&s=music All 11 studio albums for 14.50 plus 1.26 shipping, from Amazon marketplace sellers. *pedant alert* He's made 13 studio albums altogether. The box conta
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 04:48 PM

Quote:Interesting. I wonder if the reason their records didn't have much bottom end is that the focus of their sound was on Butler's guitar rather than the basslines ( not that I've ever listened closely to the bass player's lines. I'm sure you're r
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play on the way to work this morning? by gottenbold @ Today at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: dlgladwinOriginally Posted By: gottenbold This looks interesting, and is a new name to me. What kind of stuff is it? Often inaccurately described as a Goth band, but I'd say they were more post-punk with a gothic tinge. Their
Jump to new posts Re: Suede by gottenbold @ Today at 04:14 PM

Interesting. I wonder if the reason their records didn't have much bottom end is that the focus of their sound was on Butler's guitar rather than the basslines ( not that I've ever listened closely to the bass player's lines. But I'd guess he's not a
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: The last book you read/the book you're reading... by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 04:03 PM

Just started...
Jump to new posts Re: The last CD / album you bought / obtained ... by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 03:58 PM

Pre-order: Micachu and The Shapes - Good Sad Happy Bad
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 03:53 PM

Disc 5
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 03:40 PM

Two records that I'd previously overlooked are both starting to make a strong impression. I can't place this in any kind of context whatsoever, which is part of the reason why I'm so drawn to it. It's so ghostly sounding and desolate, yet some
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by goosebump @ Today at 02:45 PM

Jump to new posts Suede by Wild Man Paulie @ Today at 01:51 PM

Been slowly my working my way through the recent Suede reissues and reassessing them in light of my revaluation of Britpop. I feel out of all the major bands from the era they've dated the most, and their records, as was the style, are rather brittle
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by fuzzy @ Today at 12:26 PM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 11:46 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by dlgladwin @ Today at 11:36 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 11:05 AM

Not a Photoshop; they sang gospel music.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by dlgladwin @ Today at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Anwar Bird
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Anwar Bird @ Today at 10:39 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by dlgladwin @ Today at 10:35 AM

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >