Mojo
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Mister Tcheapers @ Today at 12:22 AM

Are You Ready To Testify?
Jump to new posts Re: Chuggers! by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

^^ Whatever that OMD number is, it' s vile!
Playlist
Jump to new posts Re: and right now, this minute, its . . . . by Wild Man Paulie @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by Fingerprince @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Seeing as I watched them performlive(?) at the cinema last night.
Jump to new posts Re: Chuggers! by foxontherocks @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

Funny that. I was just thinking about this thread yesterday. I was in the car and 'Sailing On The Seven Seas' by OMD was played on the local station. I thought to myself, "Is this a chugger or some kind of hybrid chugger?" Sailing On The
Jump to new posts Re: Sub Pop Underachievers by gottenbold @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

Ha! I bought a Velocity Girl album from a remainder bin last week and I quite like it. Two nineties Sub Pop releases that I still like are Zumpano's "Look What The Rookie Did" and "The Full Sentence" by Pigeonhed.
Jump to new posts Re: FACT'S 100 Best Albums Of The 1970's by conform to deform @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

I very much enjoyed this list. Great to see some love for the likes of Heldon, Comus, Magma... lots of fantastically obscure and barking choices, and many new to me that I'm keen to hear. Though I do feel bound to point out that '20 Jazz Funk Greats'
Jump to new posts Re: FACT'S 100 Best Albums Of The 1970's by earl ham @ Yesterday at 05:01 PM

Nice work ,Paulie .... .
Jump to new posts Re: Chuggers! by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

The latest in a very occasional series: Chuggers I Can Stand. Change - Searching In the context of the 1980 album The Glow of Love, which features guest vocals (as above) from Luther Vandross I can cope with this one, but as with Throw Away the Ke
Jump to new posts Re: Best Tom Petty album? by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Don't know if one of their best but if you're in the US, is streaming here.
Jump to new posts Re: Eater by Mystic Mutt @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

The 'Outside View' single. The album is mainly cover versions (Velvets, T.Rex, Alice Cooper) and sounds like you'd expect. they were a bit clueless, really, and apparently made a spectacularly ill advised attempt at becoming a new wave pop act.
Jump to new posts Re: Sub Pop Underachievers by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: bigshotthere's definitely a distinction on bands who recorded on Sub Pop at some point, and Sub Pop Bands if you see what I mean. Current Sub Pop bands seem to almost be the opposite of yer Tad, Soundgarden, Mudhoney etc LOUD s
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Sub Pop Underachievers by Fingerprince @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

https://www.subpop.com/artists/list Huge rostra over the years. I liked Eric Matthews's first two albums (although gone off him a bit as I've heard he's a tub thumping Christian bigot. Allegedly). The Shins, The Ruby Suns and another vote for Combu
Jump to new posts Re: Sub Pop Underachievers by Mystic Mutt @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

The industry thinking at the time was that as a challenging band like Nirvana had been so successful, if you signed up anything from the underground you could repeat the trick. So stuff like The Melvins ' Come, etc were all on major labels for a shor
Jump to new posts Re: Sub Pop Underachievers by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

It won't surprise anyone to learn that the only Sub Pop record I have ever owned is a CD by Combustible Edison.
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Sub Pop Underachievers by Osgood @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: bigshotYes, I had a quick look down the roster and there's loads of bands on there I like. But there's definitely a distinction on bands who recorded on Sub Pop at some point, and Sub Pop Bands if you see what I mean. I love S
The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by dlgladwin @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

The Playroom
Jump to new posts Re: Answer with an album cover..... by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Jump to new posts Re: FACT'S 100 Best Albums Of The 1970's by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Wild Man PaulieI think its a pretty interesting list. Definitely. I've just been speed-flicking through their best of the 80s list, too... http://www.factmag.com/2013/06/24/the-100-best-albums-of-the-1980s-100-81/1/ Plenty of
Jump to new posts Re: What album did you listen to last night? by fuzzy @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

some of the new La Roux
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >